About this kit:
Our 40 x 40cm rag rug cushion makes a great first project for any rag rug beginner. They're small enough that they don't seem too daunting for someone who has never done the craft before, but are large enough that after finishing one, you can feel confident embarking on a number of different projects.
Here's what is included:
- Rag Rug Spring Tool - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make shaggy and short shaggy rag rugs. Read more about why we love the Spring Tool and see it in action here.
- Ragged Life Rug Hook - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make loopy rag rugs. Our hook is perfectly crafted to make loopy rag rugging a doddle. You can see it in action here.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy and short shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Hemmed Cushion Hessian (to make a 40 x 40cm cushion) - our hessian is the perfect weave for rag rugging (10 holes per inch) and is entirely pre-hemmed and prepared so you can start rag rugging straight away.
- Rag Rug Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do the shaggy, short shaggy and loopy rag rug techniques using multiple tools, as well as advice on spacing, troubleshooting and more.
- Exclusive access to the Kit Companion page on the Ragged Life website - this login-protected area of the website includes videos introducing the equipment, advice on fabric usage, tips for creating strips for rag rugging, 'how to' videos, design tips for beginners, FAQs and much much more. It's a treasure trove of rag rug knowledge.
- Cushion Booklet - with cushion specific design tips, step-by-step instructions on how to assemble your cushion once you've finished your rag rugging and more.
- Marker Pen - for sketching out your design onto the hessian.
In the "Extras" drop-down menu above, you can choose to upgrade your kit to add some of our other bestselling tools and materials.
- For only £3 extra, add another hemmed cushion hessian so you can make a pair of matching cushions.
- For only £4 extra, add a medium rug hessian in case you catch the rag rug bug!
- For £13 extra, you can upgrade to the Deluxe Cushion Kit, adding a pair of super sharp Rag Rug Scissors (RRP £14.99) & FREE Practice Hessian.