FREE UK POSTAGE!
POSTAGE UPDATE: We are sending out your rag rug goodies as normal, but the post is a little slow (Royal Mail are snowed under). Orders are taking around 2-6 days to arrive. For more details click here.
What Makes Blanket Yarn so Great?
One of our latest rag rug products is this fabulously cosy blanket yarn. It has fast become one of our favourite materials to rag rug with for a number of reasons:
1) It's 100% wool, so is not only super soft, but also excellent quality. It's an absolute pleasure to work with, and any rug or cushion made in blanket yarn will last for generations.
2) Fabric yarn comes pre-cut into strips, which saves on cutting time. We recommend cutting the strips in half for ease of use and to make them go further, but that takes considerably less time than breaking down any item of clothing into strips.
3) It looks gorgeous when rag rugged. The texture and depth of colour is just lovely. Don't believe us, check out our Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post here.
4) It's sustainable. Our blanket yarn is made from offcuts from blanket production in Yorkshire, so you can rest assured that every ball you use is less wastage going to landfill.
5) It goes far. Blanket yarn is thick, which means that it covers the hessian much quicker than most fabrics. This means that you can rag rug further apart and your rag rug creation will be done in no time.
Blanket Yarn - Mixed Colours
So, you're convinced about the virtues of blanket yarn, but what is this listing?
Here, you can buy either 500g or 1kg of blanket yarn in a mixture of different colours. The colours and selection may vary slightly from those in the photos, but we will send out a variety of balls / hanks in complementary shades.
If you particularly like any of the specific blanket yarns in the photos, you can write the individual names when you check out. We will endeavour to take your preferences into consideration, but cannot guarantee availability.
Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post:
Intrigued by our blanket yarn? Don't forget to check out our Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post to browse some of our blanket yarn creations and for tips on usage.