About this kit:
Our Ultimate Rag Rug Kit is for those who are looking for all the very best tools to be able to start on their rag rugging journey. There's really nothing more you could possibly need.
Here's what is included:
- Signed Copy of "Rag Rugs, Pillows & More" - ** BOOK SADLY OUT OF STOCK AS BEING REPRINTED - IT WILL FOLLOW ON LATEST FEB 2021** - Elspeth Jackson's first rag rug book provides over 30 rag rug projects for you to try, ranging from the cute clutch bags to rag rug pouffes. All projects come with beautiful, inspiring photos and step-by-step illustrations. Below are a few examples of what you can expect in the book:
- Rag Rug Scissors - rag rugging involves a lot of cutting of fabric, which is why it's important to have the best scissors for the job. Our rag rug scissors are specifically designed to work with a whole spectrum of different fabrics - from jersey, cotton and lycra, right up to blanket yarn, fleece and denim. They are also made to cut through lots of layers of fabric at the same time to reduce on fabric prep time. See how we use our rag rug scissors here.
- Rag Rug Spring Tool - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make shaggy and short shaggy rag rugs. Read more about why we love the Spring Tool and see it in action here.
- Ragged Life Rug Hook - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make loopy rag rugs. Our hook is perfectly crafted to make loopy rag rugging a doddle. You can see it in action here.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy and short shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Marker Pen - for sketching your design onto the hessian.
- 100 x 60cm Hemmed Rug Hessian - our hessian is the perfect weave for rag rugging (10 holes per inch) and is entirely pre-hemmed and prepared so you can start rag rugging straight away.
- Rag Rug Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do the shaggy, short shaggy and loopy rag rug techniques using multiple tools, as well as advice on spacing, troubleshooting and more.
- Exclusive access to the Kit Companion page on the Ragged Life website - this login-protected area of the website includes videos introducing the equipment, advice on fabric usage, tips for creating strips for rag rugging, 'how to' videos, design tips for beginners, FAQs and much much more. It's a treasure trove of rag rug knowledge.
- FREE Practice Hessian - this small bit of hessian allows you to practice the techniques of rag rugging before moving onto your actual rag rug project.
- FREE Crafty Notebook - a great crafty notebook with plain and lined pages for you to brainstorm all your crafty creations.
In the "Extras" drop-down menu above, you can choose to upgrade your kit to add some of our other bestselling tools and hessian.
- For only £3 extra, you can add a piece of hemmed cushion hessian so you can make a rag rug cushion to go with your rug.
- For only £4 extra, you can add another piece of hemmed rug hessian - just in case you get the rag rug bug!