This listing is for a brand new Ragged Life Rag Rug Wreath Kit
. A wreath makes a great first project for any rag rug beginner, whether you fancy making a traditional Christmas design or vibrant spring number. Like our other rag rug kits, it has all the tools to get you started, including:
- Rag Rug Spring Tool - this is the quickest and easiest tool to make shaggy and short shaggy rag rugs. Read more about why we love the Spring Tool and see it in action here.
- Latch Hook - one of the best tools to do loopy rag rugging with. It's great for making the flat centres of flowers.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy and short shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Hemmed Wreath Hessian
- pre-marked out to make a traditional Christmas wreath design, but you can do any design you'd like.
- Wreath Mount
- to help your wreath keep it's shape when assembled.
- Rag Rug Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do the shaggy, short shaggy and loopy rag rug techniques using multiple tools, as well as advice on spacing, troubleshooting and more.
- Exclusive access to the Kit Companion page on the Ragged Life website - this login-protected area of the website includes videos introducing the equipment, advice on fabric usage, tips for creating strips for rag rugging, 'how to' videos, design tips for beginners, FAQs and much much more. It's a treasure trove of rag rug knowledge.
- Wreath Booklet - with wreath specific design tips, step-by-step instructions on how to assemble your wreath once you've finished your rag rugging and more.
- Marker Pen - for sketching any designs onto the hessian.
If you'd like to buy fabric for rag rugging then take a look at our 100% Wool Blanket Yarn
, which is super soft to rag rug with.
Our kits have been featured in a number of the top lifestyle and craft magazines
across the UK including Mollie Makes, Simply Sewing, Homemaker Magazine & Hertfordshire Life. We've even featured on national TV! We hope you enjoy our kit!