Psst… This listing gives you a good idea of the sorts of blanket yarns we stock, but as blanket yarn is a recycled product, we rarely get the exact same blanket yarns twice. However, if you like any of the balls on this page (or certain colour schemes), please note them down in the "Additional instructions for seller" box when you check out and we will do our best to match them up where we can. If we can't get an exact match then the more detail you give us, the better we know what you're looking for. We aim to please 😊
About this product:
Here you can browse our colourful range of beautiful blanket yarns and buy two or more 250g balls to loopy, shaggy or short shaggy rag rug with. This blanket yarn is ideal for making long-lasting rugs, sophisticated cushions and much more.
NB: Generally, we divide our greens up into Garden Greens (think grass and trees), mediterranean greens (think olive & pistachio) and yellow-based greens (lime & spring greens).
Why blanket yarn is great:
100% Wool Blanket Yarn has fast become one of our favourite materials to rag rug with for a number of reasons:
1) It's 100% wool, so is not only super soft, but also excellent quality. It's an absolute pleasure to work with, and any rug or cushion made in blanket yarn will last for generations.
2) Fabric yarn comes pre-cut into strips, which saves on cutting time. We recommend cutting the strips in half for ease of use and to make them go further, but that takes considerably less time than breaking down any item of clothing into strips.
3) It looks gorgeous when rag rugged. The texture and depth of colour is just lovely. Don't believe us, check out our Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post here.
4) It's sustainable. Our blanket yarn is made from offcuts from blanket production in Yorkshire, so you can rest assured that every ball you use is less wastage going to landfill.
5) It goes far. Blanket yarn is thick, which means that it covers the hessian much quicker than most fabrics. This means that you can rag rug further apart and your rag rug creation will be done in no time.
Find out more:
Intrigued by our blanket yarn? Don't forget to check out our Blanket Yarn Inspiration Blog Post to browse some of our blanket yarn creations and for tips on usage.
Blanket Yarn "Lucky Dip Pack":
Don't want to commit to a full 250g of one colour? Check out our Blanket Yarn 1kg Lucky Dip Pack, which includes at least ten smaller balls of mixed plain and patterned blanket yarn. Same great quality, more variety!