FREE UK POSTAGE!
Before choosing your first Ragged Life Rag Rug Kit, you may want to read our handy guide explaining the differences between all our great kits over on the Ragged Life Blog here.
And, if you already have the rag rug tools, but still want to make a Rag Rug Wreath, you can buy the hessian pack without the tools here.
This listing is for a brand new Ragged Life Rag Rug Wreath Kit. A wreath makes a great first project for any rag rug beginner, whether you fancy making a traditional Christmas design or vibrant spring number. Like our other rag rug kits, it has all the tools to get you started, including:
- Latch Hook - the entry level rag rug tool that can be used for both the loopy and shaggy rag rug techniques (in fact, it's what I learnt with).
- Hemmed Wreath Hessian - pre-marked out to make a traditional Christmas wreath design.
- Rigid Wreath Mount - to help your wreath keep it's shape when assembled.
- Rag Rug Gauge - this is a time- and effort-saving tool to make cutting up your fabric pieces for shaggy rag rugging that little bit easier. Our wooden gauge cuts fabric pieces to approximately 7.5cm (which is the perfect length for rugs, cushions, wreaths and more) and has a wide, deep groove to prevent your fabric scissors getting blunted.
- Instructional DVD - this includes videos introducing the equipment, advising on fabric usage, tips on creating strips for rag rugging and 'how to' videos for both rag rugging techniques using both the latch hook.
- Latch Hook Techniques Booklet - includes step-by-step instructions and photos of how to do both the loopy and shaggy rag rug techniques using the latch hook.
- Wreath Booklet - includes the step by step instructions to make a traditional Christmas design and instructions on how to assemble the wreath once it is fully rag rugged.
- Marker Pen - for sketching your design onto the hessian.
Please note that this kit does not include fabric. We believe that one of the joys of rag rugging is in using up old clothing and offcuts that you have lying around (it's great for making you reevaluate your wardrobe).
You can use any fabric to rag rug with (jersey, cotton, lycra, velvet, fleece etc...), but we recommend that beginners start with thinner fabrics such t-shirt material and cotton. If you'd like to buy fabric for rag rugging then take a look at our 100% Wool Blanket Yarn, which is super soft to rag rug with.
Our kits have been featured in a number of the top lifestyle and craft magazines across the UK including Mollie Makes, Simply Sewing, Homemaker Magazine & Hertfordshire Life. We've even featured on national TV!
We hope you enjoy our kit!